Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup

I found this recipe on the Rachael Ray website. I made it last night and it was so yummy! It is a new favorite!

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/soup-recipes/mexican-chicken-and-rice-soup

I made small changes to the recipe:

1. I made my own rice.
2. The tomato based salsa that I bought is called Herdez (mild).
3. Instead of serving with monterey jack cheese, I used Cacique ranchero queso fresco. Buy this at Walmart or Maceys.
4. I did not add the sour cream. The queso fresco was all I needed!
5. If you boil the chicken with onion and garlic, you can use the strained chicken broth for this soup (or buy a fryer chicken and Swanson's broth for a time saver).


The avocados and the queso fresco on top were the best part of the soup!!! Don't leave them out! Oh, and this is the quickest meal ever. I had it completed by the time my rice was cooked.

5 comments:

Bri said...

mmm...sounds Delicious!

Dave Whitworth said...

I will print that recipe out and let my wife take a look.

She is always making different soups and if I can get the avocado's by her it should be one we try.

Dave

Asicstigershoesstore said...

When onitsuka tiger comes to classy footwear,
Rosetta Stone one of the best ways for 2011 will likely be classic shoes. an incredible classic footwear on the market has got to be the Onitsuka tiger mini.
Belstaff Leather JacketsThis content is made to give a quick presentation of this amazing running shoe. Tiger ShoesWe are going to check out the different features that the shoe has, along with alluring information.

Francois Plessis said...

so it is sounds delicious them...it is nice post..

Electrician Emergency

yh said...

sandales Christian Louboutin
Christian Louboutin pas cher
tee-shirts louis vuitton
louis vuitton pas cher
juicy couture tasche
louis vuitton tasche>
versace tasche
chloe tasche
gucci tasche
tee shirts polo
polo bolsas
tee shirts
ceinture en cuir
jeans
chaussures nike
chaussures puma
sac fendi
sac guess
sandales Christian Louboutin
Christian Louboutin pas cher
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chloe tasche
ed hardy bolsas
sac chloe
sac dior