Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pumpkin Sheet Cake (Pumpkin Bars)

OK. This is seriously DE-LISH. I could eat the whole dang thing!

Cake:
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 pinch salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
4 eggs
1/2 tsp allspice
1 16-oz can pumpkin

Mix together (I do dry ingredients first, then wet, and a wire whisk does the job great for mixing). Bake @ 350 for 20-22 min in large greased baking sheet. Cool completely before frosting. store in refrigerator.


Frosting:
3 c. powdered sugar
3/4 stick margarine or butter (softened to rm temp)
1 pinch salt
4 oz cream cheese (softened to rm temp)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. milk (I end up adding a few more Tbs to thin it out)

cream butter, salt, cream cheese, vanilla and milk. Add powdered sugar. I use a hand mixer.

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

I made this today! Very yummy! I had to add a few tablespoons of milk to the frosting to thin it out a bit. Maybe my butter and cream cheese weren't quite room temp. thanks heather!