Monday, April 6, 2009

Granola (It Tastes Like a Warm Oatmeal Cookie!)

2 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped nuts
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup bran or wheat germ
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup raisins

As you may note, this doesn't make a huge amount, so if you have little hands that will want to share with you, I would suggest doubling it. And I've only used sliced almonds (no sunflower seeds yet and wheat germ instead of bran and I don't put the raisins in 'cause my kids don't like them).

Preheat oven to 325. Combine all ingredients except raisins. Bake in a 13 x 9 pan for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins. For cooling, I suggest combining the granola into a big lump, so that it stays moist. If you spread it out to cool it will still taste warm and delicious the first day, but if you have any left by the next day, it will be drier. It's up to you.

No comments: