Thursday, December 18, 2014

Cereal Candy

I got this recipe from my neighbor Tammy.  It's seriously addicting....I could eat a whole pan by myself!

17.5 oz crispix cereal (I usually use rice or corn chex...on sale this time of year)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups chocolate chips (alternative: 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips with 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips)
1 cup butterscotch chips

1.  Place cereal in a big bowl.
2.  Heat sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until it starts to boil.
3.  Remove from heat and add peanut butter.  Stir until smooth.
4.  Pour over cereal and stir until well coated.
5.  Spread on two cookie sheets.
6.  Melt chocolate chips (or chocolate chips and cinnamon chips together) and drizzle over cereal.
7.  Melt butterscotch chips and drizzle over cereal.
8.  Let set and cool.  Then break apart and store in air tight container.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

love it love it love it!! so yummy, I just made some!