Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cynthia Davies Whole Wheat Bread

Cynthia Davies Whole Wheat Bread:
5 1/2 cup hot tap water
11 cups whole wheat flour (I used 14)
3 T SAf instant yeast
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 T salt (did I say I followed it exactly? I put in 2 T)
1/2 cup gluten flour (you can get it a health food store or Walton Wheat)
Turn over on to 200. Pour water into mixer and add 3 cup whole wheat flour and yeast. Mix well. Add 3 more cups flour. oil, honey and salt. Mix well. Add gluten and the rest of the flour while mixer is mixing. Add flour only until dough pulls away from the bowl, cleaning sides . Knead 10 minutes in the mixer.

Turn oven off. Divide dough into four parts and shape into loaves on a lightly oiled surface. Put dough in sprayed pans and raise in the over about 20-25 minutes. When loaves are almost raised, leave them in the oven and turn it on to
350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes. (My oven is hot and so I cook it on a lower temperature for 40 minutes.

No comments: